Meetville is a dating app with 19 million users and such original features as Smart Matching, along with very usual and classical features. The users’ responses are mostly negative though and depict this app as a disaster.
- It claims its database is huge
- Many fake profiles with stolen photos
- Fake winks to make a user pay for a subscription
- Customer support never responds
1-month subscription – $39.99
“Meetville is one of my worst experiences in online dating. Gave me nothing, just took my money away. Moreover, it was nearly impossible to get in touch with customer support and cancel my subscription. Fake, fake, fake profiles and it makes you feel you are the only alive person in the dead city of zombies. Zero communication, zero fun, goodbye 40 bucks. I am so happy I didn’t pay for a longer period, no one would refund it to me.” (Mary, San Francisco)
It may seems there’s nothing to talk about as all users say the same things: Meetville dating app is a total scam. But for us it’s an opportunity to warn you about the most typical traits of similar apps and sites so that you’re more careful in future.
- All responses are negative. Isn’t it already convincing enough? It’s a bit too much for being just a competitors’ strategy.
- Users’ profile photos on the main page don’t look trustworthy: all these people are either model-looking or have a bit weird face expressions like these photos weren’t meant to place them on a dating platform. Both warning signs indicate stolen pictures.
- The app description has a bad grammar with very obvious mistakes. It often means the overall quality of services is bad.
- The price is too high. If it’s not a sugar daddy/elite dating platform or some ultra modern social network, there’s no sense to pay high.
- The app doesn’t offer new interesting features at all and goes all the old way.
- You receive bunch of winks and even messages immediately after starting your free trial. Usually all this interest from super-attractive personalities fades away once you paid for the subscription. In the worst case, you receive zero replies at all, exactly like it happens on Meetville.
List of Top 3 Dating Apps for 2019
- Messages you receive, are impersonal and too enthusiastic without a reason.
- If you’re attentive enough, you can notice that some users change their location from time to time, although their photos and names remain the same.
- Many users are from the same small town.
- Some profiles have links to other social networks or platforms but when you contact them there after a correspondence, they don’t recognize you.
- The correspondence seems substantial but after some time a person starts to mix the basic facts from its biography or even calls you another name.
- A person’s life story that she shares with you, doesn’t fit into his/her age range or indicated profession.
- A person quickly starts making hints on a difficult financial situation although you don’t even know each other yet.
- A person is always online, like, 24 hours a day.
- Or the opposite: many profiles were registered years ago and seem inactive.
All these signs are very disturbing so one should watch out and take a better care of his time and money. Not to mention that feelings can be hurt too.
Well, Meetvile demonstrates many points from this list except for the content of messages: they are simply absent. So they chose the simplest and cheapest way to fool the people without even putting too much thought into their fraud system.
We do not recommend using Meetville unless someone wants to ignore thousands of negative reports from the users and waste some money ($40 for a monthly subscription). There are many decent dating apps nowadays and it’s important to use common sense while choosing between them.
Overall 2 stars
Price 3 stars
Features 3 stars
Communication 1 stars
Safety 1 stars
Customer Support 1 stars
Size: 103.1 MB
Current version: 6.5.3
Last updated: November 5, 2018
Requires iOs : 10.0 or later
Requires Android: 5.0 and up
Age rating: 18+ (Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes)
Email address: email@example.com
Relared Article: Top 7 Hookup Dating Apps 2019